FEES & POLICIES
Updated: August 2017
Lessons are available in the following disciplines:
Flute – private lessons
Piano – private lessons
Weekly lessons will take place at my studio (address indicated above), but may occur via Skype or Google Hangouts due to illness, inclement weather, or other circumstances where the student cannot physically attend a lesson at the studio.
Tuition for lessons is payable on a monthly basis. The number of lessons in a given month may vary due to holidays and/or calendar structure (some months may have 3, 4, or 5 weeks on a given day), but the fee remains the same. The “short” months equal out with the “long” months over the long term.
PRIVATE LESSON TUITION FEES:
30 minute lesson, once per week: $96/month
45 minute lesson, once per week: $144/month
60 minute lesson, once per week: $192/month
- Post-dated cheques are preferred, but fees may also be paid via cash, cheque (Nicole Welsh), E-transfer, or credit card (via Square)
- Fees are due on the first lesson of the month.
- Fees now INCLUDE required books and materials!
- All fees are non-refundable. Uncashed post dated cheques will be returned should you need to discontinue lessons.
- Please refer to the policies section below for details on credits and make up lessons.
- A $20.00 NSF charge will apply to all bounced cheques.
- Fees are based on $24 / 30 min private lesson
Teaching music lessons is my full time job – it is not a side job or a hobby. As such, I uphold similar policies to other music schools in the area. These policies ensure that everyone is treated equally and that the studio runs smoothly.
Attendance, Make Up lessons and Credits
** Please ensure that you choose a lesson day and time that will work consistently for your family.**
- 24 hours notice is required to cancel a lesson:
- Lessons canceled in under 24 hours are forfeit and not eligible for a make-up lesson.
- Exceptions may be made, at the discretion of the teacher, in the case of illness, dangerous weather conditions, or family emergencies.
- Lessons canceled 24 hours in advance may be made up. Make up lessons only – no credit or refund will be given.
- Make up lessons are subject to the availability of the teacher, and are therefore not guaranteed.
- It is the student/parents responsibility to arrange the make up lesson.
- Skype or Google Hangouts is a great option for a make up lesson (especially due to illness or inclement weather)!!
- If a lesson cannot be made up within 1 month of the original lesson, it is forfeit and no credit or refund will be given.
- No more than 1 make-up lesson per student, per month.
- If the lesson is canceled by the teacher every effort will be made to reschedule the lesson.
- A credit will only be issued if the lesson is canceled by the teacher and a suitable make up lesson time cannot be found.
- Once a month I will be holding make up lessons on a Saturday to accommodate any student who is unable to make up their lesson during the week.
- There are no make up lessons for missed make up lessons.
- Lessons will begin and end at their scheduled times.
- Lateness by the student will result in the balance of the lesson being taught. The lesson will still end at the scheduled time.
Cancellation / Termination of Lessons
- The teacher reserves the right to terminate a students lessons at any time. A valid reason will be given.
- Termination of lessons by the teacher or the student/parent will result in forfeit of any paid tuition fees for that month. Any post-dated cheques will be returned.
- Exceptions may be made, at the discretion of the teacher, for serious illness or other emergency situations.
- The studio will observe all major and statutory holidays following the York Region District School Board calendar for the current year.
- Lessons are still taught on PA days.
- No make up lessons are offered for holidays.